- Temple University College of Engineering - http://vader.eng.temple.edu -
Posted By admin On May 6, 2010 @ 2:08 pm In | Comments Disabled
Temple University’s Composites Laboratory is directed by Prof. Parsaoran Hutapea. The lab is occupied by one postdoctoral fellow, six graduate students, and two BS/MS students. The lab is currently supported by the Department of Defense CDMRP Prostate Cancer Research Program , the Department of Defense Office of Naval Research , and the National Science Foundation . Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions and/or are interested in our research and collaboration. We are also interested in hearing from prospective graduate students/postdocs to contact us for research positions in our lab. Thank you for visiting!
New Grant Awarded!
Dr. Hutapea is awarded a DoD DURIP Grant  to acquire a Scanning Electron Microscope.
1. Georgiy Diloyan successfully defended his PhD dissertation. Congratulations!
2. Daniel Choi and Joe Koo successfully defended their Master projects. Congratulations!
3. Tuan Nguyen successfully defended his Master thesis. Congratulations!
1. G. Diloyan, M. Sobel, K. Das, P. Hutapea, Effect of Mechanical Vibrations on Platinum Growth in PEM Fuel Cells: Journal of Power Sources, 214 (July issue), pp. 59 – 67, 2012.
2. G. Diloyan, L. Breziner, P. Hutapea. Development of a PEM Fuel Cell Powered Scooter: ASME Journal of Fuel Cell Science and Technology, 9(3), 034502, 2012.
3. J. Weaver, P. Strahs, L. C. Breziner, C. Garant, K. Shaffer, G. Diloyan, P. Hutapea. Development of a Hybrid PEM Fuel Cell Vehicle: Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy, 4 (May issue), 033107, 2012.
4. M. Sobel, K. Das, G. Diloyan, P. Hutapea, A Semi-parametric Bayesian Model for Predicting Platinum Particle Growth in Fuel Cells: American Statistician, in press, 2012.
5. T. K. Podder, A. P. Dicker, Y. Yu, K. Darvish, P. Hutapea, A Novel Curvilinear Approach for Prostate Seed Implant: Medical Physics, 39(4), pp. 1887-1892, 2012
6. G. Diloyan, P. Hutapea. Platinum Particle Agglomeration and Growth in PEM Fuel Cells due to Mechanical Vibrations: Proceedings of ASME 2012 6th International Conference on Energy Sustainability & 10th Fuel Cell Science, Engineering and Technology Conference, San Diego, CA, July 23 – 26, 2012.
7. Brian Ruiz, P. Hutapea, K. Darvish, A. Dicker, Y. Yu, Tarun Podder. SMA Actuated Flexible Needle Control using EM Sensor Feedback for Prostate Brachytherapy: IEEE International Conference on Robotic and Automation (ICRA) 2012 Needle Steering Workshop, St. Paul, Minnesota, May 18, 2012.
8. N. V. Datla, M. Honarvar, T. M. Nguyen, T, K. Podder, Y. Yu, A. P. Dicker, K. Darvish, P. Hutapea. Thermomechanical Behavior of a Smart Actuator for an Active Surgical Needle: 2012 ASME Design of Medical Device Conference, Minneapolis, MN, April 10-12, 2012.
9. N. V. Datla, J. Koo, D. Choi, S. Assari, A. Hemmasizadeh, T, K. Podder, Y. Yu, A. P. Dicker, K. Darvish, P. Hutapea. Mechanical Characterization of Prostate Tissue-Mimicking Phantoms for the Development of an Active Surgical Needle: 2012 ASME Design of Medical Device Conference, Minneapolis, MN, April 10-12, 2012.
1. Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) Specialist/Research Professor (contact Dr. Hutapea, email@example.com)
2. PhD student interested in Mechanics of Materials (contact Dr. Hutapea, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Article printed from Temple University College of Engineering: http://vader.eng.temple.edu
URL to article: http://vader.eng.temple.edu/research/labs/composites/
URLs in this post:
 Department of Defense CDMRP Prostate Cancer Research Program: http://cdmrp.army.mil/pcrp/awards/10sidaawards.shtml
 Department of Defense Office of Naval Research: http://www.onr.navy.mil/
 National Science Foundation: http://www.nsf.gov
 DoD DURIP Grant: http://www.defense.gov/releases/release.aspx?releaseid=15254
Copyright © 2011 Temple University College of Engineering. All rights reserved.