- Temple University College of Engineering - http://vader.eng.temple.edu -
Shriram Pillapakkam, Ph.D.
Posted By admin On April 27, 2010 @ 2:57 pm In | Comments Disabled
|Assistant Professor, Teaching/Instructional|
1. Name and Academic Rank:
Shriram B. Pillapakkam, Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Full-time
2. Degrees with Fields, Institution and Date:
B.S.M.E. – Manipal Institute of Technology, India, 1993
Ph.D. – New Jersey Institute of Technology, 2004
Initial appointment: September 2007
2006-2007 Research Associate, University of Virginia
1. S. B. Pillapakkam, P. Singh and D. Blackmore, N. Aubry, Transient and steady state of rising bubble in a viscoelastic fluid, Journal of fluid mechanics, 589, 215-252, (2007)
2. C. Barbier, S. B. Pillapakkam, J. A. C. Humphrey, A. Ritter, W. Hanke, B. Otto, H. Bleckmann, Numerical and experimental investigation of fish lateral line canal, 5th International Symposium on Turbulence and Shear Flow Phenomena, Munich, Germany (2007)
3. A. Kadakasham, S.B. Pillapakkam and P. Singh, Permeability of periodic arrays of spheres, Mechanics Research Communications, Volume 32, Issue 6, 1 November 2005, Pages 659-665.
4. Joseph A.C. Humphrey, Jorge L. Rosales, Lindsay A. Legendre, J. Patrick LeDuc, James P. Landers and S. Pillapakkam, Vortex dynamics in confined counter-current shearing flows with applications to mixing [Inter. J. Heat Fluid Flow 29 (2008) 1089–1102
ASME (1999-date), Member,
Society of Rheology (2001 – date),
Member, ASEE (2008-date)
ASME, Young Engineering Award
Mechanical Engineering Department Committees: Graduate Committee (Chair from 2009-Current), Undergraduate ME Curriculum Committee (2007-2009),
80% committed to teaching, advising, and administrative duties.
Article printed from Temple University College of Engineering: http://vader.eng.temple.edu
URL to article: http://vader.eng.temple.edu/academic-programs/me/faculty-staff-directory/pillapakkam/
URLs in this post:
 firstname.lastname@example.org: mailto:email@example.com
Copyright © 2011 Temple University College of Engineering. All rights reserved.