- Temple University College of Engineering - http://vader.eng.temple.edu -
Parsaoran Hutapea, Ph.D.
Posted By admin On April 27, 2010 @ 2:35 pm In | Comments Disabled
|Website:||Composites Laboratory |
1. Name and Academic Rank:
Parsaoran Hutapea, Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
2. Degrees with Fields, Institution and Date:
B.S. Aerospace Engineering – North Carolina State University, 1995
M.S. Aerospace Engineering – North Carolina State University, 1997
Ph.D. Aerospace Engineering – North Carolina State University, 2000
3. Number of Years of Service on this Faculty:
September 2004 – June 2010, Assistant Professor
July 2010 – Present, Associate Professor
4. Other Related Experience:
1995-2000, North Carolina State University, Research Assistant
2001-2004, Lehigh University, Postdoctoral Researcher
5. Consulting, Patents, Copyrights:
No patents or copyrights.
6. States in which Registered:
7. Principal Publications in the Last Five Years:
· T. K. Podder, A. P. Dicker, Y. Yu, K. Darvish, P. Hutapea, A Novel Curvilinear Approach for Prostate Seed Implant: Medical Physics, 39(4), pp. 1887-1892, 2012.
· G. Diloyan, M. Sobel, K. Das, P. Hutapea, Effect of Mechanical Vibrations on Platinum Growth in PEM Fuel Cells: Journal of Power Sources, 214 (July issue), pp. 59-67, 2012.
· G. Diloyan, L. Breziner, P. Hutapea. Development of a PEM Fuel Cell Powered Scooter: Journal of Fuel Cell Science and Technology, 9(3), 034502, 2012.
. P. Strahs, J. Weaver, L. C. Breziner, C. Garant, K. Shaffer, G. Diloyan, P. Hutapea. Development of a Hybrid PEM Fuel Cell Vehicle: Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy, 4 (May issue), 033107, 2012.
· M. Sobel, K. Das, G. Diloyan, P. Hutapea, A Semi-parametric Bayesian Model for Predicting Platinum Particle Growth in Fuel Cells: American Statistician, in press, 2012.
· S. Slovinsky, P. Hutapea. Influence of Bolting Parameters on the Failure Mechanisms of Fiber-reinforced Composite-Metal Joints: Mechanics Based Design of Structures and Machines, 38(2), pp. 261-271, 2010.
· K. Jacobs, M. Harper, E. Meyer, B. Roth, P. Hutapea. Development of a Proof-of-Concept Aircraft Smart Control System: Aeronautical Journal (The Royal Aeronautical Society), 113(1147), pp. 587-590, 2009.
· Y. Luo, P. Hutapea. Design of Bone Transport Devices using Smart Material Actuators: ASME Journal of Mechanical Design, 131(9), September 2009.
· L. C. Breziner, P. Hutapea. Influence of Harsh Environmental Conditions on the Failure Mechanisms of Carbon Fiber-reinforced Composite-Metal Joints: Aircraft Engineering and Aerospace Technology, 80(4), pp. 371 – 377, 2008.
· P. Hutapea, J. Kim, A. Guion, C. Hanna, N. Heulitt. Development of a Smart Wing: Aircraft Engineering and Aerospace Technology, 80(4), pp. 439-444, 2008.
· Y. Luo, P. Hutapea. Stress-Strain Behavior of a Smart Magnetostrictive Actuator for a Bone Transport Device: ASME Journal Medical Devices, 2(4), 2008.
· P. Hutapea, J. L. Grenestedt. Modifying Electric Artworks to Improve Dimensional Stability of Microelectronic Substrates: Microelectronics International, 24(1), pp. 15-22, 2007.
8. Scientific and Professional Societies of which a Member:
ASME (1992-date), AIAA (1992-date)
9. Honors and awards:
Sigma Gamma Tau (Aerospace), Tau Beta Pi, Pi Mu Epsilon (Mathematics)
10. Institutional and Professional Service in last Five Years:
Mechanical Engineering Department Committees: Faculty Search Committee (various years), Promotion and Tenure Committee (2010-12).
College of Engineering Committees: Personnel, Nominations, and Elections Committee (2004-09), Research, Computer, and Communications, (2009-12), Faculty Search Committee (various years), Promotion and Tenure Committee (2010-12).
11. Percentage of Time Available for Research or Scholarly Activities:
12. Percentage of Time Committed to the Program:
40% committed to teaching, advising, and administrative duties.
Article printed from Temple University College of Engineering: http://vader.eng.temple.edu
URL to article: http://vader.eng.temple.edu/academic-programs/me/faculty-staff-directory/hutapea/
URLs in this post:
 email@example.com: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
 Composites Laboratory: http://vader.eng.temple.eduresearch/labs/composites
Copyright © 2011 Temple University College of Engineering. All rights reserved.