Zdenka J. Delalic, Ph.D.
1. Name and Academic Rank:
- Zdenka Joan Delalic
- Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
2. Degrees with fields, institution and date:
- BSEE, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- MSEE, University of Pennsylvania
- PhD in Bio-Medical Electronics, University of Pennsylvania, 1981
3. Number of years of service on this faculty:
- 01/1984 – Present: Associate Professor
4. Other Related Experience:
- 08/2000 – 06/2009: Professor, Mississippi State University, Starkville, MS, USA
- 01/1982 – 12/1984: Adjunct Professor, Electrical Engineering, Villanova University, PA,USA
- 04/1982 – 12/1983: RCA, Senior Member of Engineering Staff, MSR Division
- 01/1982 – 04/1982: Post-doctoral research, University of Pennsylvania, PA, USA
5. Consulting, Patents, Copyrights:
- Z. Delalic, Ruggieri, Pontari and Godavarthi, “Implantable Telemetric Monitoring System, Apparatus, and Method”, US Patent Application No. TUN-573US, 2005.
6. States in which registered:
7. Principle publications in the last five years:
- Z. J. Delalic, “Biomedical Materials, Advancement in Biomedical Devices and Packaging of Bio-Devices”, Manuscript written and published for a Professional Development Course of one-half day and to be presented at IMAPS 2007, San Jose, CA November 12, 2007.
- N. Son, Z. J. Delalic, G. Bjron, and P. Monson, “Novel Approach in Computing with Ultra-High Processing Throughput”, presented at IMAPS 2008, Providence, RI, Proceedings pages 791-796, November 2-6, 2008.
- G. Satyaki, Z. J Delalic and S. Nguyen, “Tradeoff between speed and defect tolerance of QCA designs in the presence of different manufacturing defects”, presented at IMAPS 2008, Providence, RI, Proceedings pages 1211-1217, November 2-6, 2008.
- Huang, Yaoyao, Bai, Li, Delalic, Zdenka and Judity E. Gold, “A JAVA Implementation of modified Rapid Upper Limb Assessment”, presented at IMAPS 2008, Providence, RI, Proceedings pages 180-183, November 2-6, 2008.
- C. Chris, S. Biswas, F. B. Mohamed, F. Scott , K. Linda, Z. Marvin, S. Daniel and Z. J. Delalic, “Computer Modeling of Induced Hyperthermia Using Superparamagnetic Iron Oxide Nanoparticles and their Application”, presented at IMAPS 2008, Providence, RI, Proceedings pages 252-260, November 2-6, 2008.
- Kollu, Kavya and Z. Joan Delalic, “Implementation of Gen2 RFID Tag with Data Storage to Log and Maintain Vehicle History”, presented at IMAPS 2008, Providence, RI, Proceedings pages 353-359, November 2-6, 2008.
- J. C. Browne, S. Devens, J. Sean, O. Gonsalves, N. Son, and Z. J. Delalic, “Intelligent Power Grid Simulation Hardware Design”, presented at IMAPS 2009, Proceedings pages 852-859, San Jose, CA, Nov. 1-5, 2009.
- N. Son and Z. J.Delalic, “Multiple Gas Sensing Device Based on Nano-Porous Structure of Zeolite Coated with Nile Red Dye”, presented at IMAPS 2009, Proceedings pages 33-37, San Jose, CA, Nov. 1-5, 2009.
- J. Sandeepsarma and Z. J. Delalic, “Packaging for a Fingerprint Based Access Control System”, Presented at IMAPS 2010, Research Triangle, Proceedings pages 47-51, NC, Oct 31 – Nov 4, 2010.
- N. Son, G. Bjorn, M. Phil and Z. J. Delalic, “Hardware Design for Novel Packaging of Multi-Cellular Meta-Processing Unit,” Presented at IMAPS 2010, Research Triangle, Proceedings pages 528-532, NC, Oct 31 – Nov 4, 2010.
- N. Son, Delalic, Z. J. Delalic and H. Clauberg, “A Method to Quickly Measure the Thickness of Aluminum Bond Pad on Silicon Substrate,” Presented at IMAPS 2010, Research Triangle, Proceedings pages 682-686, NC, Oct 31 – Nov 4, 2010.
8. Scientific and Professional Societies of which a member:
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE): 1981- Present
- International Microelectronic and Packaging Society (IMAPS): 1982-present
- DELTA PE
9. Honors and awards:
- Outstanding Educator Award by IMAPS, Nov 1-5, 2009.
- Certificate of Appreciation from IEEE for Services and Contributions towards the advancement of IEEE and Engineering, 2007-2008
- Best Student Booth first prize at the 40th Anniversary IMAPS , November 11-15, 2007
- Outstanding paper award “Packaging and RF Telemetry System for a Biocompatible Wireless Pressure Sensor”, co-authored with Shankaran Janardhanan, Awarded by IMAPS 2005 Symposium held in Philadelphia, PA, September 25-29, 2005
- Best Student Booth, IMAPS 2006 Symposium held in San Diego, CA, Oct 8-12, 2006
- Best Student Chapter, Awarded at IMAPS 2005 Symposium held in Philadelphia, PA, Sep 25-29, 2005
- Metal award for technical cooperation with the University of Zagreb, January 1990
- Best Paper Prize of the Session at the 41st IMAPS for the paper “Trade Off Between Speed and Defect Tolerance of QCA Designs in the Presence of Different Manufacturing Defects”
- Best Paper Prize of the Session at the 41st IMAPS for the paper “Novel Approach in Computing with Ultra-High Processing Throughput”
10. Institutional and professional service in last five years:
- Member of the University Senate Steering Committee, 2006-2011
- Senator, University Senate, 2006-2010
- Faculty Senate Committee on the Status of Women at Temple, 2006-2011
- University Research Programs and Policies Committee, 2006-2011
- IMAPS Student Chapter at Temple Advisor, 2005-2011
- IMAPS Member of Technical Advisory Committee for Symposium, 2005-2011
- IMAPS Chairperson for the Committee for Biomedical Activities,2008-2011
- IMAPS Keystone Chapter Technical Program Chair, 2005-2011
- Chairperson of Philadelphia Chapter (ED/CH MT) of IEEE, 1989-1996; 2006-2011
11. Professional development activities in the last five years:
12. Percentage of time available for research or scholarly activities:
Percentage of time committed to the program: