Li Bai, Ph.D.
1. Name and Academic Rank:
· Li Bai
· Associate Professor
2. Degrees with fields, institution and date:
· BSEE, Temple University, 1996.
· MSEE, Drexel University, 1998.
· PhD in Electrical Engineering, Drexel University, 2001.
3. Number of years of service on this faculty:
- 09/2001- 06/2010: Assistant Professor
- 07/2010– Present: Associate Professor
4. Other Related Experience:
· 09/1996 – 09/1998: Teaching Assistant, Drexel University, PA,USA
· 09/1999 – 09/2001: Teaching and Research Assistant, Drexel University, PA, USA
5. Consulting, Patents, Copyrights:
· 07/1999-12/1999: ABAP SAP Consultant, Prescient Consulting Company, GA, USA.
6. States in which registered:
7. Principle publications in the last five years:
· Li Bai, Saroj Biswas and Frank Ferrese, “Design of a Reliable Distributed Secure Database System”, The 5th IEEE International Conference on Networking, Architecture, and Storage (NAS 2010), Macau, China, July 2010.
· Saroj Biswas, Qing Dong and Li Bai, “Optimization of Linear Singular Systems Using Haar Wavelets”, The International Conference on Optimization and Control (ICOCO2010), Guiling, China, July 2010.
· H. Ling, L. Bai, E. Blasch, and X Mei, “Robust Infrared Vehicle Tracking across Target Pose Change using L1 Regularization”, International Conference on Information Fusion (FUSION), Edinburgh, UK, 2010.
· Ying-Chang Liang, Eng Yeow Cheu, Li Bai and Guangming Pan, “On the Relationship Between MMSE-SIC and BI-GDFE Receivers for Large Multiple-Input Multiple-Out Channels,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 56, no.8, pp. 3627-3637, August 2008.
· Xukai Zou and Li Bai, “A New Class of Key Management Scheme for Access Control in Dynamic Hierarchies”, International Journal of Computers and Applications, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 331-337, 2008.
· Li Bai, Chun-Yang Peng and Saroj Biswas, “Association of DOA Estimation from Two ULAs”, IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation & Measurement, vol. 57, no.6, pp.1094-1101, June 2008.
8. Scientific and Professional Societies of which a member:
· Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE): Stu’1994, M’2001
· American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE): 2002-present
9. Honors and awards:
· Lindback Awards for Distinguished Teaching, Temple University, 2010.
- Young Engineer of the Year in DelawareValley, Philadelphia section, IEEE, 2004.
- National Research Council Fellow of the United State Air Force, Rome, NY, summer 2003, 2004.
10. Institutional and professional service in last five years:
· Teaching Assistant, Drexel University, September 1996-1998.
· Teaching and Research Assistant, Drexel University, September 1999-2001.
· Assistant Professor, ECE department, Temple University, September 2001-June 2010.
· Associate Professor, ECE department, Temple University, July 2010-present.
11. Professional development activities in the last five years
- ECEDHA Mid-Atlantic Annual Meeting (2009 – Present).
- Various NSF workshops on education, graduate student training and research.
- Sabbatical at the National Security Agency (1/2005 – 12/2007).
- INTERSPEECH, Antwerp, Belgium (August 2007).
12. Percentage of time available for research or scholarly activities:
Percentage of time committed to the program: