- Temple University College of Engineering - http://vader.eng.temple.edu -
Rominder Suri , Ph.D.
Posted By admin On April 21, 2010 @ 3:03 pm In | Comments Disabled
- Ph.D. (Environmental Engineering), Michigan Technological University, 1995
- M.S. (Environmental Engineering), Michigan Technological University, 1992
- B.S. (Civil Engineering), Institute of Technology, India, 1990
- Registered Professional Engineer (Environmental Engineering)
- 2009 – current: Director, National Science Foundation Industry/University Cooperative Research Center
-Water and Environmental Technology (WET) Center, Temple University.
-The WET Center is between Temple Univ. (lead), Univ. of Arizona and Arizona State
- 2011 – to present: Univ.Director, NSF Water Technology Innovation Ecosystem, Temple University, PA
- 2011 to present, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Temple University, PA
- 2008 – 2011: Associate Professor, CEE, Temple University, PA
- 2002 – 2008: Director, Center for the Environment, Villanova University, PA
- 2000 – 2008: Associate Professor, CEE, Villanova University, PA
- 1994 – 2000: Assistant Professor, CEE, Villanova University, PA
Consulting & Patents
- Rominder Suri and Gangadhar Andaluri. “Electro-Sonolytic Destruction of Emerging Contaminants”, invention disclosure, 2010
- Rominder Suri and Bikash Bhattarai. “Development of Novel Adsorbents for the Removal of Emerging Contaminants (ECs) from Water”, invention disclosure, 2010
- Reigistered Professional Engineer, MD
Principle Publications (partial)
- E. V. Rokhina, N. S. Vattikonda, C. Johnson ,R. P.S. Suri (2012) Ozonation of a mixture of steroid hormones in aqueous solution: interpretation of the experimental results by computational methods, Chemosphere, 89: 1323-1329.
- Suri, R.P.S., Singh, T.S., Chimchirian, R.F., and H. Fu. (2012), Effect of Process Conditions on the Analysis of Free and Conjugated Estrogen Hormones by Solid Phase Extraction – Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (SPE- GC/MS). Environmental Monitoring and Assessment 184, 1657-1669
- Andaluri, G., Ekaterina, V. R., Suri, R.S. (2012) Evaluation of relative importance of ultrasound reactor parameters for the removal of estrogen hormones in water, Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, vol 19, 4, 953-958.
- Rokhina, E., R.S. Suri. (2012) Application of density functional theory (DFT) to study the properties and degradation of natural estrogen hormones with chemical oxidizers, Science of Total Environment (417–418) 280-290
- Manickavachagam Muruganandham, Ramakrishnan Amutha, Mahmoud S. M. Abdel Wahed, Bashir Ahmmad, Yasushige Kuroda, Rominder P.S. Suri Mika Sillanpää, (2012) Controlled fabrication of α-GaOOH and α-Ga2O3 self-assembly and its superior photocatalytic activity. J. Phys. Chem. 116, 44-53.
- ManickavachagamMuruganandham, RamakrishnanAmutha, Bashir Ahmad, Yasushige Kuroda, Rominder P.S. Suri, Mika Sillanpää (2012): Does hydrothermal decomposition of metal-oxalates is an alternative to conventional thermal decomposition process for the self-assembled material preparation? Under review with Crystal Engineering Coummunication.
- Suri, R.S., Hilary M. Thornton, M.Muruganandham, (2011) Heterogeneous Photocatalytic Disinfection of Water using Pt, Ag /TiO2 Photocatalysts, Environmental Technology. Vol. 33, No. 14, 1651–1659.
- Ramakrishnan Amutha, Manickavachagam Muruganandham, Marappan Sathish, Sambandam Akilandeswari, Rominder P. S. Suri, Eveliina Repo, and Mika Sillanpaa. (2011) Crystallization-Induced Top-Down Wormlike Hierarchical Porous α-Fe2O3 Self-Assembly. J. Phys. Chem. C. 2011, 115, 6367–6374.
- Suri, R.P., T. Singh, S. Abburi, (2010) “Influence of Solution Alkalinity and Salinity on the Sonochemical Degradation of Estrogen Hormones in Aqueous Solution”, Environmental Science and Technology, 44 (4), pp. 1373-1379
- Weiyue, Q., R. Suri , X. Bi, G. Sheng and J. Fu, (2010) “Exposure of Young Mothers and Newborns to Organochlorine Pesticides (OCPs) in Guangzhou, China”, Science of the Total Environment, 408(16): 3133-3138
- Cyr, Patrick J., E. G. Helmig, R. P. S. Suri and S. Stoddard, (2010) “Methods to Control Steam-Stripper Fouling so Wastewater will be Treated Effectively”, Industrial Wastewater, pp.7-12
- Velicu, M. and R. Suri , (2008) “Presence of Steroid Hormones and Antibiotics in Surface Water of Agricultural, Suburban and Mixed-Use Areas”, Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 154 (1-4), pp. 349-359.
- Suri, R.P., A. Kamrajapuram and H. Fu, (2008) “Ultrasound Destruction of Aqueous 2- Chlorophenol in Presence of Silica and Peroxide”, Environmental Engineering Science, 25 (10), pp. 1447-1453
- Suri, R. P., G. Andaluri, S. Abburi and M. Velicu, (2008) “Ultrasound Assisted Removal of Estrogen Hormones”, WIT Transactions on Ecology and the Environment, 109, pp. 13-19.
- Fu, H., R. Suri, R. Chimchirian, E. Helmig and R.Constable, (2007) “Ultrasound Induced Destruction of Low Levels of Estrogen Hormones in Aqueous Solutions”, Environmental Science and Technology, 41 (16), pp. 5869-5874.
- Chimchirian, R.F., R. Suri and H. Fu, (2007) “Free Synthetic and Natural Estrogen Hormones in Influent and Effluent of Three Municipal Wastewater Treatment Plants”, Water Environmental Research, 79 (9), pp. 969-974.
- Suri, R.P., M. Nayak, U. Devaiah and E. Helmig, (2007) “Ultrasound Assisted Destruction of Estrogen Hormones in Aqueous Solution: Effect of Power Density, Power Intensity and Reactor Configuration”, Hazardous Materials, 146 (3), pp. 472-478.
- Velicu, M., H. Fu, R. Suri and K. Woods, (2007) “Use of Adsorption Process to Remove Organic Mercury Thimerosal from Industrial Process Wastewater”, Hazardous Materials, 148 (3) , pp. 599-605.
Scientific & Professional Society Membership
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Chemical Society
- Water Environment Federation
- Association of Environmental Engineers and Science Professors
Honors & Awards
- Dissertation advisor of Ph.D. student who received first-place paper award from the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, Stockton, NJ, April 22, 2010
- Dissertation advisor of Ph.D. student who received first-place research award from the PA Water Environment Association, Lancaster, PA, 2009
- Wyeth Pharmaceuticals presented a plaque as acknowledgment for research support (1998-2009), November, 23, 2009
- Dissertation advisor of Ph.D. student who received Young Professional Research Award, American Water Works Association (AWWA), Pennsylvania Section, May 2008
- Dissertation advisor of Ph.D. student who received first place poster award from the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (HDC-SETAC), 2007
- Thesis advisor of M.S. student who received research award from the PA Water Environment Association, 2007
- Thesis advisor of M.S. graduate student who received the second place research paper award from Water Environment Federation, 1999
- Thesis advisor of M.S. student who received the second place Poster award at the 44th Annual Conference of Air and Waste Management Association, Mid-Atlantic States Section, Philadelphia, November 11-13, 1998
- Thesis advisor of M.S. graduate student who received the second place research paper award from Water Environment Federation, 1997
- Recipient of second place Ph.D. research paper award from Water Environment Federation, 1994
- Recipient of first place M.S. research paper award from Water Environment Federation, 1993
Institutional & Professional Service (last five years)
- Reviewer for: Environmental Science and Technology, Environmental Engineering Science, J. of Hazardous Materials, Water Research, USDA, US EPA, NSF, NASA, and others.
Percentage of Time Available for Research & Scholarly Activities
Percentage of Time Committed to Teaching & Services Activities
Article printed from Temple University College of Engineering: http://vader.eng.temple.edu
URL to article: http://vader.eng.temple.edu/academic-programs/cee/faculty-staff-directory/suri/
URLs in this post:
 email@example.com: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
 Facile Fabrication of Hierarchical α-Fe2O3 Self-Assembly and its Magnetic and Electrochemical Properties: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jp205834m
 148 (3): http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=PublicationURL&_tockey=%23TOC%235253%232007%23998519996%23667064%23FLA%23&_cdi=5253&_pubType=J&_auth=y&_acct=C000053374&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=1536200&md5=fb43570fda5c42278a3ce1fe7d38ef8f
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2011 Temple University College of Engineering. All rights reserved.