- Temple University College of Engineering - http://vader.eng.temple.edu -
Robert J. Ryan, Ph.D.
Posted By admin On April 21, 2010 @ 1:44 pm In | Comments Disabled
|Civil and Environmental Engineering
|| email@example.com 
- Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering, Drexel University, 2004.
- M.E. in Engineering Management, Widener University, 1996.
- B.S. in Environmental Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, 1985.
Number of Years of Service on this Faculty:
- Appointed: September 2007
Other Related Experience:
- Widener University, Visiting Assistant Professor, Dept of Civil Engineering, Sept 2006-June 2007
- Temple University, Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, 2004-2006
- F.X. Browne, Inc. Lansdale, PA, Environmental Engineering and Water Resource Management consultant, 1998-2000
- PA Dept of Environmental Protection, Sanitary Engineer, 1986-1998
Consulting, Patents, Copyrights:
- No patents.
- Consulted on urban hydrology research projects with (1) Center for Urban Environmental Research and Education, University of Maryland, Baltimore County and (2) Department of Earth and Environmental Science, Temple University.
- No copyrights
States in which Registered:
- Professional Engineer in Pennsylvania
Principal Publications in the Last Five Years:
- Ryan, R.J., P. Larson, C. Welty, 2010, The logistics and mechanics of conducting tracer injection experiments in an urban stream, Urban Ecosystems doi:10.1007/s11252-010-0144-5
- Ryan, R.J., C. Welty, P.Larson, 2010, Variation in surface water-groundwater exchange with land use in an urban stream, Journal of Hydrology 392, 1-11, doi:10.1016/j.jhydrol.2010.06.004
- Ryan, R.J., M.C. Boufadel, 2007, Lateral and longitudinal variation of hyporheic exchange in a piedmont stream pool, Environmental Science and Technology, 41, 4221-4226, doi:10.1021/es061603z.
- Ryan, R.J., A.I. Packman, S.S. Kilham, 2007, Relating phosphorus uptake to changes in transient storage and streambed sediment characteristics in headwater tributaries of Valley Creek, an urbanizing watershed, Journal of Hydrology, 336, 444-457, doi:10.1016/j.jhydrol.2007.01.021.
- Ryan, R.J., M.C. Boufadel, 2007, Evaluation of streambed hydraulic conductivity heterogeneity in an urban watershed, Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Assessment, 21, 309-316, doi:10.1007/s00477-006-0066-1
- Ryan, R.J., M.C. Boufadel, 2006, Influence of streambed hydraulic conductivity on solute exchange with the hyporheic zone, Environmental Geology, 51, 203-210, doi: 10.1007/s00254-006-0319-9.
- Ryan, R.J., M.C. Boufadel, 2006, Incomplete mixing in a small urban stream. Journal of Environmental Management, 81, 50-57, doi:10.1016/j.jenvman.2005.09.016.
- Ryan, R.J., A.I. Packman, 2006, Changes in streambed sediment characteristics and solute transport in the headwaters of Valley Creek, an urbanizing watershed, Journal of Hydrology, 323, 74-91, doi: 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2005.06.042.
Scientific and Professional Societies of which a Member:
- American Geophysical Union (Member)
- American Water Resources Association (Member, National and Phila. Metropolitan Area Section)
- American Society of Limnology and Oceanography (Member)
- North American Benthological Society (Member)
Honors & Awards
- Koerner Family Fellowship, Drexel University, 2003-2004
- Honorable Mention, Drexel University Research Day, 2003
- Elio Claudia Award, Drexel University, 2003
- LaVerghetta Prize, Widener University, 1996
- The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, 1996-present
Institutional and Professional Service in last Five Years:
- Department Senior Design Coordinator, 2011-present
- Department Graduate Coordinator, 2009-2010
- Department Coordinator, ENVT 0845, The Environment, 2009-2010
- Senior Design Advisor, Temple University, 2008-present
- Department Laboratory Manager, 2007-2009
- Sustainability Ambassador, 2009
- Faculty Search Committee, 2009
- Undergraduate Affairs Committee, 2008-2009
- Department Seminar Manager, 2007-2009
- American Water Resources Assoc.-Phila. Metropolitan Area Section,
- Ad-hoc Reviewer for Journal of Hydrology, Journal of the American Water Resources Association, Hydrogeology Journal, Water Resources Research, Hydrologic Processes, Environmental Geology
- Environmental Advisory Commission, Springfield Twp., Montgomery Co., PA, 2006-2009
Percentage of Time Available for Research or Scholarly Activities:
- No time for research or scholarly activities due to teaching and administrative duties.
Percentage of Time Committed to the Program:
- 100% of time committed to teaching and administration.
Article printed from Temple University College of Engineering: http://vader.eng.temple.edu
URL to article: http://vader.eng.temple.edu/academic-programs/cee/faculty-staff-directory/ryan/
URLs in this post:
 firstname.lastname@example.org: mailto:email@example.com
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2011 Temple University College of Engineering. All rights reserved.